As a Truck Mechanic, your responsibilities include:
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification.
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional repairs.
- Explain diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to customers.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
As a Truck Mechanic, you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. Other requirements are:
- Must have previous mechanic experience
- Must be detail oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Must have a working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- Must submit to a background check.
- Must have a valid driver's license.